View Single Post
rjdaws

Member Since May 2011
Default Jun 05, 2011 at 07:08 AM

I have dreams of my ex all the time.

Usually we're friends. Sometimes we're closer. My current girlfriend's usually in the picture somewhere too, but in the background. It's weird because in real life I absolutely despise my ex.

These dreams are probably just based on memories of someone you spent a lot of time with. I think when we break up with someone, we tend to remember the bad things and try to shove the good things down so we can justify breaking up. Maybe when we have good dreams about them, it's just those good memories coming back?

It does suck though. I always feel guilty and confused about my own feelings. I feel like it's a horrible thing, the possibility that I might still like my ex - not love, but respect. But really, it's not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you want them back, or love them.

Maybe the fakeness you felt that roused you from your dream was that conscious guilt and confusion starting to realize, "wtf? I hate this guy!"

If none of this makes any sense nor helps, I'm sorry. I've been up the whole night. Minor insomnia :P Can't think straight.
rjdaws is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LittleForgetMeNot