View Single Post
Night*Blossum

Member Since Jun 2011
11 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2011 at 02:20 PM

Well a few days ago I went on this site looking for a part-time job that I could do during the summer. As I was looking at available jobs I noticed that I didn't want a job that had to do with me talking to a lot of people. It wasn't till recently that I figured out that I had Avoidant Personality Disorder. When I read the symptoms they all seemed to make scene. Though I haven't told anyone of the discovery of this. I'm afraid my mother would say that I'm just shy, buts it's much deeper than that. Sometimes I don't like meeting new people even if it's just for a few minutes. I'm afraid my mind will too preoccupied with questions like,"What if I mess up on something and they think I'm incapable of doing my job? What if this person is having a bad day and is going to take it out on me? What is I stumble on my words and they think I'm stupid or slow?" I also think about blushing if I do something wrong. All these things pop-up in my mind. Having ADHD doesn't make it easier either. I'm going to the therapist soon and I was planning on telling her of what I might have though, if she tells my mother I'm not sure how she's going to react to all this. My mother already thinks I have ADHD, PTSD, and anxiety issues. How is she going to react when I tell her I might have AvPD????

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
- Paulo Coelho
Night*Blossum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote