View Single Post
tigers,lions,& bear

Member Since Jun 2011
Help Jun 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
On some level I feel a little guilty that I was the one who suggested a self injury board and I want to echo DocJohn's concerns--it can be a sensitive topic and it still kind of upsets me even though I haven't injured in 2 years

but that said I hope y'all will benefit from this board--and if you need any thing let me know--

<font color=purple> Whatever you can do, or believe you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Goethe </font color=purple>
Hi everyone! I am new here and hope that I will be accepted as a member soon. I just wanted to let you know that I too have a history of SI. I generally only resort to this behavior when I am feeling totally EMPTY-no feelings, no thoughts, no self esteem. While I do believe this behavior is not healthy it has been what has brought me back to reality and a basic sense of selfworth. In being so empty it is hard to refocuse your thoughts and direct energy towards a more positive way of self soothing
yourself. I quess one step would be to recognize that path that I'm heading towards before I reach the end and have little energy to help myself. I have much more I would like to say and share but for now this was a big step in itself for me. Thanks for being here.
tigers,lions,& bear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken