View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2011 at 12:22 AM

I remember it was in the summer when I was with my mother visiting my grand parents back in Kansas......on a friday.....the day before we had a fishing trip planned.....I think I was 11, but not really sure to be quite honest. However, I had no idea why I was bleeding & thought I was dying of a kidney infection or some horrible disease that I didn't know about. I took a bath, thinking I could just wash it away to start with. We had the movies in grade school about the girl stuff. but translating it into reality just didn't happen with me.

I was afraid that if I said something about bleeding that I would end up in the hospital or something & not be able to go on the fishing trip we planned.....so I said NOTHING until after we got back from the fishing trip & I couldn't hide the fact that I was bleeding any longer......then my mom said.....duh, it's JUST your period. Shoot, I was a tom boy.....& tom boys don't mess around with the girl stuff & periods. I was really angry about being a girl at that point. Having to deal with it every month.....it was mostly right on within a few days.

Unfortunately, my periods were hard & long & the cramps would make me so sick to my stomach but it was before they had the pill....so there was absolutely NOTHING that could be done to help. After getting married, I tried using the pill, but ended up passing out all the time, so my obgyn took me off the pill & told me it wasn't an option for me.

Think my period was the nightmare of my life. Even the first bout with anorexia at the age of 42, didn't even stop my period & my weight was REALLY LOW. It wasn't until my second round with anorexia that my period finally stopped....but then by that time, I was 52 & it was probably time for it to stop anyway. It started up every other month for a couple of months about 4 years ago.....but stopped as quickly as it started again & never have had a period since then.....what a relief it was to have an end to that nuisance.

Have to admit, the hot flashes weren't pleasant though.....even though they only lasted about a year on & off, I didn't really know wether it was hot flashes or just the hot humidity at the new state I moved to......but not that those hot flashes are gone & my period is gone....life is good again with nothing to bother me. What a wonderful freedom it feels like now...not worring if my period is going to surprise me, or overflow the tampon & pad I had to double up on

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote