Thread: Rejection
View Single Post
coastalgirl0279

Member Since Apr 2011
Default Jun 29, 2011 at 01:09 AM

A breakthrough? I don't know, isn't everyone afraid of rejection? For me, it must be tenfold, because it was what he called the final straw to my stress level--the one that caused me to want to just give up. It's funny that I admit that now. So lately, trust seems to be my Achilles heel. I don't want to get close to anyone; I'm honestly afraid. Every single time I allow myself to get close to someone (whether it's a guy or girl friend), the very minute I perceive them to be my "best" (say or even think the word), I get screwed over.

"Sure I care about you; that is why we can't talk anymore. You need time to heal physically and emotionally."

"I want to help, but I can't give you the time and devotion you need."

"I'll say one thing, but I'll mean another; and when you aren't around, I'll laugh at you (not with you) behind your back."

"I wouldn't trust me with your secrets; I'm only going to repeat them."

"I am not giving up on the friendship. I am giving you the space you need; true friends will be there in the end."

IT'S ALL BS. And it's my fault. Because I believe that all of my friendships/relationships will end badly, my prophecy will be self-fulfilling. Are you serious? And I cry harder.

And the therapist wants to know how that makes me feel? I feel HURT. How else should I feel? I feel HURT.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe
coastalgirl0279 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote