View Single Post
music junkie

Member Since Jun 2011
28 hugs
given
Default Jun 29, 2011 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoodyblues86 View Post
Sometimes I feel grateful, but other times I feel completely shameful, and childish. I've never had a job and I'm 24, no driver's license yet either. It's not like I'm lazy, but I feel like I need these types of people and relationships or I will feel so empty, even crazy without them.
i feel this way too, except i'm 31 for the longest time it was ok to rationalize it to myself, because i was going to school, & my ADD was causing me to struggle more than i used to before. i wasn't even able to go full-time anymore. but i just graduated in may, finally, after a bazillion years, & while at first it seemed like it would be great to just be home & take care of things that got neglected when i was in school, i now feel like a total mooch & loser. i feel like i have no job prospects & no future outside of the house.

it's definitely not helping my depression. it's especially hard for me because i was raised by a very strong woman who never wanted her daughters to be dependent on anyone. for the longest time, i was just like that, & i loved it! i loved being free & not afraid of taking care of myself. but over the years i have found that i struggle more & more with just basic care for myself. i don't know what's wrong with me.

anyway, sorry for stealing your thread. it just made me feel like opening up.
music junkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happy101