View Single Post
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
68.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 03, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Age 10 and a half, it was Labor Day, which I thought was prophetically ironic, but I ended up never having kids! I had just gotten booster shots, and my mother (immigrant, 3rd grade education) said maybe the shots "brought it on." I remember thinking, this woman will kill or paralyze me with her superstitions, I can never confide or trust in her again. We were having a family picnic, just us and my brother's girlfriend in the backyard, playing cards. This is significant because I was never allowed to interrupt her when she was in a card game with my uncles. (Even these past few years, when she would TELL me to call her while she was playing cards, I would be a liitle afraid she would yell at me!) Anyway, I called out the bedroom window to her that I needed her; she refused to come in. I repeated my request; she said she would send in my father! I said, No, it has to be YOU! I think finally my brother's girlfriend came in to me, saw what was going on, and went out and got my mother to come in. Then she told me never to talk to ANYONE about it, and I didn't, not even my little girlfriends. Shame, shame, shame.
unaluna is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
notablackbarbie