View Single Post
AngelsRUs

Member Since Jul 2011
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 07, 2011 at 07:10 AM

Cantbringmedown~

Although I am NEW to KNOWING I have DID...Up until the last 5-6 years I was managing my disorder quite naturally. I didn't know the thoughts from my alters was abnormal...and I didn't know they were alters. I accepted it as thoughts from myself that I didn't agree with and I "took every thought captive for Christ" and prayed. I only listened and followed the thoughts when they coincided with my personal belief system.
For the most part my alters all behave and work together to make one cohesive unit....however, under extreme stress involving abuse past or present I spiral into all the personalities trying to vie for control and I look like a crazy person. To maintain control this past week I have been trying a few things that have been working. I'll share in case any of them might help you, I can't wait till payday so I can get my ativan cause that will help me immensely...

Try to stay IN THE MOMENT....HERE AND NOW....

1) Ice cold drink (I have even run the ice over my face to shock my system)
If it is cold out a hot drink works...has to be opposite for me to get the shock

2) cold shower

3) listen to music and dance or do hip hop ab workout video

These are the main three things I have been doing to stay in the moment and though it has been rough this last 1 1/2 weeks I have made it through with minimal changing...I have been aware for all of them and they just basically came out to enjoy a smoke or sucker and the night air and then left me be.

Don't know if this helps at all or not. If anyone else has any ideas on how to stay in here and now and shock system in a nice way I would love more ideas myself!

~AngelsRUs~
AngelsRUs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote