Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2011 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopestheory View Post
i have gad, ocd, and major depression, so when it comes to this type of mental health i know little to nothing so if someone with dissociation could answer my question i'm just curious and no i don't think i have it i'm really just wondering.
if something happens and your not sure about it how would you even know you have dissociation?????
does that question make sence???
its just one of those things you automatically know about from doing it.

example do you know when you are daydreaming?
do you know when you feel numb?
do you know when you feel foggy headed?
Do you know when you feel spacey?
Do you know when you feel like you are moving in slow motion?
Do you know when you are having trouble concentrating?
Do you know when you are having trouble staying focused?
Do you know when you feel something is just not right?
Do you know when you feel like the world around you isnt real?
Do you know when you are in school and not paying attention to what the teacher is saying?

These are all examples of dissociation.

You may not know the term "dissociation" but from the time you are a little kid just learning how to walk crawl talk your parents have taught you about how to tell them when you feel sick, unhappy hurt, you are taught from the moment you start recognizing things how to express what you are seeing, feeling and thinking and feel about those things. you are taught from the moment you play lets pretend how to use your imagination and daydream.

dissociation is something that you grow up automatically doing. the term may be relatively new but the action of doing it is not new.

amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Korin