View Single Post
Evangelista
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2006
Default Mar 07, 2006 at 10:56 PM

I have had Migraines for years, been under the care of a Neurologist for about 3 years, he did a total work up beause I get stroke like symptoms, one side weakness, slurred speech, loss of eyesite, fuzzy thinking..he put me on meds but they didnt help, I started therapy about two years after he started treating me, and when I went in and told him I was diagnosed DID, he stopped treatment, stating the symptoms were psychosomatic responses, and until I got the treatment for the root cause, he would only be placing a bandaid over the symptoms, to make a long story short, before therapy I was starting to think I would have to go in SSI, it was getting to the point I was not being able to drive or work, after Therapy started they lessened to almost 4 or 5 times a month, there has been times when I am in my therapist's office walked in with a horrid migraine, and all the neurological complaints, and he has interacted with an alter, and I walked out totally symptom free. I am not sure if this is what is occurring with you, but from what other DID comrades have told me it is one of the more common symptoms, but having your doctor rule out more organic origins would be prudent. I know they gave me so many CT scan and MRI's of my head and brain, I should be glowing in the dark, but thought I would share my own experiences with them. I hope you find relief and aswers soon.

We dance round in a ring and suppose..
But the secret sits in the middle and knows.. Robert Frost
Evangelista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote