View Single Post
Anonymous32723

Default Aug 04, 2011 at 12:56 PM

mkpleco - you say you know many people online who live in solitary in "someone's house". I have my own apartment, where my younger brother lives with me. I do have somewhat of a support system, however. They consist primarily of my younger brother, father, and older sister. Although I could be 100% self-sufficient, I do like having that "support system" in my life. It feels good to be close to a few people, I just don't care to be close to many people.

Perna - Thank you for your reply. I am 19 years old. I suppose I should have elaborated more - yes, I have had friendships in the past, as well as 2 "romantic" relationships. I quickly found out that romantic relationships are not my cup of tea. This is one thing I am sure of. I enjoyed some of the friendships, but didn't want to spend too much time with them. I only saw them in school, and usually declined to socialize outside of school. Generally, I do not enjoy socializing.

What you say is correct though - and reflects what made me create this topic in the first place - perhaps if I tried socializing again, I would enjoy it. To be honest, the thought of it feels kind of like a chore I despise doing...but, as you said, it could end up being like a food I didn't want to try but ended up liking it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote