View Single Post
jk2833

Member Since Jul 2011
84 hugs
given
Default Aug 05, 2011 at 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
hi people ive never used this before so i hope im on the right thing. im going to see a psychologist soon and im afraid of speaking out about how i feel as i have a 16mth old daughter and i dont want them to think that i am incable of looking after her and put her into care because i feel this way. she is my star and the only thing that makes me smile sometimes i would protect her against everything i love her to bits and dont want them taking her away from me as she is not in any danger its just i feel so low all the time and cant cope with how i feel. does anybody no what i am trying to say? can anyone help? what would they do if i told them i feel really low and having suicidal thoughts?...... :'(
Hi I was in your position 13 yrs ago and believe me I wish I'd have told my psychiatrist the truth about my feelings and suicidal thoughts,however I didn't because someone told me I would have my children taken away from me and I believed them.
So now 13yrs on I'm back with a different psychiatrist who is asking why I have never mentioned these symptoms before,I told him and to be honest I don't think he believes me,so I've been taking medication for clinical depression with really bad episodes all these years when now it appears I'm bipolar with BPD. So please tell the truth for the sake of your child as you need to be there for her,and I promise its not like years ago,if anything social services work together with you if you need or ask for support,and they keep families together as much as they can,they don't take away kids unless severe neglect or abuse is present,which of course is not in your case,you can tell by the way you speak of your child.
Please just be honest
Take care
Jk
jk2833 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
danii24