View Single Post
lynn P.
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 05, 2011 at 05:10 PM

Hi ((mother1)) - you've recieved some very good advice so far. I know this must be an extremely difficult time for you right now. I didn't know people can buy drugs like hormones to initiate the process of a sex change and I understand how terrifying this must be. I sensed in your 1st post that you're a very compassionate mom and its natural to be shocked and have mixed feelings. I even think if it was determined your son is a legitimate candidate for a sex reassignment, you would be supportive out of love for your son.

Usually when a person wants to do this, a doctor insists the person attend therapy to make sure this is 100% the right thing to do. This isn't a decision to be taken lightly or made when one is depressed or confused. You're right in wanting your son to get counseling. He's young and this can be a confusing time.

Your son needs to be in a healthy state and counseled about exactly what this entails before starting any hormone therapy. Trying to do this via the internet is the worst decision because this is supposed to be done by a doctor specializing in this. Usually doctors would only start treatment on people who are stable minded. He's playing with fire if he tries to do this on his own. You're a mom who's struggling and you have my empathy. I'm not against sexual reassignment at all, but it should be done the right way when a person has recieved complete counseling and guidance.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote