Elder

Member Since Feb 2009
3,268 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2011 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofyen View Post
It sounds like you are outgrowing old, damaging relationships. Growth hurts, no doubt, but we can find peace in the fact that every brick you remove from the foundation of an unhealthy relationship, you are placing in the foundation of your new self. With these boundaries you are strengthening your own house, and you are making room for the future relationships that will make your house a home. The work is laborious... we sweat, we develop callouses, sometimes we bleed, sometimes we cry... but every movement done in the name of this work brings us closer to our true selves. Though it may seem so, you are not truly alone... you are just preparing for the arrival of your true friends.
So true that growth hurts....I am hoping that all of this will lead to something more rewarding for me. For now, it just painful. SO painful. Divorce, possible job loss, losing friends...all because I'm "growing" and standing up for myself. It leaves me feeling so lost. I am hopeful that one of these stages will bring some good into my life, instead of only getting rid of the bad.