View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Aug 27, 2011 at 04:17 PM

OK, so my son is in a new school and they are doing great with him. Finally I got everyone on board with how smart and capable he is. He loves school and wakes me up early (as if 6am wasn't early enough) ready to go...

However... since school started and he can't manipulate anyone there he is feeling out of control. For the first time in all of his 12 years the grown ups are being grown ups and are in control. His anxiety is off the charts and 3 meds haven't touched it.

So... Now the fun part... He is pooping and peeing in his room. I put him in time out in my room where I could see him and his response was to poop, pee and make himself vomit all over the floor (thank god for puppy pads!). It happened all last weekend and the beginning of last week so I came up with a reward and sticker chart for "poop free days" and clearly identified the consequences for pooping or peeing in his room. We went all through the school week without a problem.

Well, since he got home Friday we have had one pee incident and three poop incidents.

Talked to his Dr who agrees that it is a behavior not a medical issue.
No one has had access to him to do any SA (I know this can be one of the signs).

I am still calm, cool and collect with him but about at my wits end! He is 12 and in diapers again because he will poop/pee himself in public... Really didn't think I would be dealing with diapers and wipes with a 12yr old. OK, at least not this one.

Time outs are now served in the bathroom for easy clean-up. He has to carry his own diaper bag when we go out. And he cleans everything himself.

ugh... He is successfully completing 6th grade academics and wearing diapers. WTF??????

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote