View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 03, 2011 at 08:10 AM

Because my son carries a diagnosis of autism (which may or may not be accurate... long story) he can not have a co-morbid Dx of oppositional defiant, reactive attachment or any of the personality disorders according to DSM. My Pdoc has seen him a few times when I have had to bring him with me to our appointments. Her response was f* DSM he's got something else going on there. I don't think it is ODD because he is so compliant much of the time. As Pdoc and I talked we kinda think it is either reactive attachment disorder or psychopathology... most likely reactive attachment though. He gets a huge high off of an adult having an intense emotional reaction. He has learned very well how to create this when he wants a "fix". Right now he is repetitively yelling something that sounds like "f* you" because adults have reacted (rather than responding) to the behavior and he loves the attention. While I do swear despite trying to watch it "f* you" is not anything he has heard at home. I think he was just playing with letter sounds and discovered that "f* you" gets a reaction. So... I have not had any strong emotional reactions to the poop and hopefully the behavior has passed.
Unfortunately Pdoc does not take his insurance and I can't afford another intake with her right now. I am expecting a tax return (another LONG story) that may allow me to bring him in to see her. He does have a T but she specializes in autism and is SO hung up on what his paperwork says and what she saw the first time she met him that she can't get past just autism. She is wonderful and I adore her but he is just a little outside her "box" in this area.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote