amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
887 hugs
given
Default Sep 29, 2011 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberRoseSmith View Post
Over the last eight month I have been trying off and on to start therapy. Since I live in a major city, there are many qualified professionals to chose from. I have contacted, in total about 18 licensed therapists to inquire on their availability and to set a first time appointment. Two returned my call.

Is there a new approach to first time patients? Are therapists too booked to call back? Are the calls screened for bad seeds?

And is the old custom of returning calls to state why you can't see a patient passé? Not sure if this new behavior is rude, new rules or part of the screening process...
here at the crisis center we dont have a waiting list we take walk ins, phone calls and by appointment. that said

we do screen our calls not for bad seed clients but because you would not believe how many prank calls we get a day/night/week. just today we had 12 heavy breathers, 18 yellers (those that b..... us out for helping their victims) 35 repeat dont leave a message callers and 156 callers asking us to call them back. we have a staff of 26 that see 8-15 clients a day.. sorry but that doesnt leave much time for making calls back to those that call us.

my suggestion narrow your list down to those that seem to fit what you are looking for and then call them avoiding peak hours like here our busiest times are between 8am and 930 am, 4pm -5pm and some mental health providers close down for the noon hour 12-1pm. keep calling or walk in to what ever agency you have chosen. sooner or later someone is going to answer the phone.

amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote