View Single Post
St406

Member Since Sep 2011
Default Oct 07, 2011 at 09:43 PM

To ForeverAloneGuy,
Some of my thoughts on your issue which was furthered quite a bit by the other posts.

I don't think that it's far fetched to say that someone, male or female, can pick up on someone who has a crush on them. Actually, I think it's usually detected easily. That might be putting a potential female friend in an awkward situation. It might even be intimidating if you do not vocalize it somehow. Instead of letting the attraction continue and having it go nowhere---why not take a small aggressive/assertive step to see if she's interested in you. If she's not interested, move on and don't dwell on those hurt feelings.

Related to this is the fact that women, unfortunately for many of us, do seem to value confidence in men. Don't get me wrong--I was anything but confident in general. I think confidence will come with repeated exposure to and constant interaction with women.

I am almost 50 and spent my youth in the indecisive, hesitant area many have been describing when it comes to women. If I had to do it over, I would have forced myself forward, regardless of how inept I came off. A few men I knew said that if they approached 100 women with a stupid come on line, there would be one or two who responded. Who cares about the other 98. It's easier said than done and I never did force myself to do it. I regret it now.

One friend, for unknown reasons, would make a game out of it and approach women just to see if he could get a phone number or email. There was no interest. He was obviously heartless and that's not what I recommend , but I think that type of reckless approach when the woman appears can be beneficial. Yes--it's way easier said than done.

And thou, too, whosoe' er thou art, That readest this brief psalm, As one by one thy hopes depart, Be resolute and calm. So fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong.----Henry Longfellow.(The light of stars)
St406 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote