View Single Post
Sanada
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2011
224 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2011 at 08:17 AM

I get the feeling I don't belong (sometimes even here in PC, though I know that not to be true).
Sometimes when I debate with my mind on 'being' or 'belonging' I see many sides to the problem. I am always looking at my own persona to see if it will fit in to the social surroundings. I feel like I am trying to force a square block of wood in to a round hole.

Its OK though. Sometimes my social skills work for me. Like a defence mech. I can feel if people will be bad for me sometimes. So my 'traits' are kinda protecting me.
The worse moments of feeling like I dont belong is when I need to belong. Like when being in school/college or around family. Now I am older I distance myself from places that will make me feel uneasy.

I think to recognise the fitting in with others problem, is a really good step on the path to finding 'strength', 'courage', 'self confidence'. These are all attainable, all humans have inner powers and strength's that sometimes just need a nudge to bring out.

Its not uncommon to feel out of step or not in line with rest of the human race, but to tell the truth; I like myself as I am.
Maybe I ask too much. To ask the world to fit in with me, rather than the other way round. Maybe not. All I know is fitting in and belonging goes both ways (to be accepted is the key that triggers my confidence). The rest just follows.
Sanada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote