View Single Post
dragonfly2
Grand Member

Member Since Mar 2011
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 30, 2011 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violinm9 View Post
I am feeling the same way. I don't think I could work at this point. I have been fired so many times that another firing could do me in. I took them all very hard. I am gun-shy about returning to work. I tried to file for SSI due to depression and anxiety. I just got diagnosed with ADHD. They rejected my application before I haven't worked enough to have paid into disability sufficiently. long story. I may contact another attorney. Any ideas anyone?
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Sometimes it's hard to just get through the day, nevermind trying to work too.

Now, not to split hairs...but I want to make sure I understand you. You applied for Social Security disability based on your work history, right? That would be SSDI. SSI is the disability benefit for people who haven't worked enough quarters and fall within certain income limits. I'm not sure what other household income you may have coming in, but if you fall within the income limits in your state, you could qualify.

Here's a link to Social Security for more info:

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/11000.html#part3

You'll need to call them to get the income limits for your state, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I feel your light upon my face

~Sting, Lithium Sunset

dragonfly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote