View Single Post
yellowted
Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
248 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 07, 2011 at 08:40 AM

ok so I had my assessment, it consisted of me being at my worst (not by choice) - arms spasming all day, the cab driver wheeled me into reception, the receptionist wanted me to sign a form, i could not co-ordinate my fingers to grip the pen so that was left unsigned, the receptionist wheeled me up to the next floor where another receptionist wheeled me into the examiners office, he asked me what my last job was - nursery teacher , what each of my listed meds was for, how i manage cooking and dressing and asked me to touch my shoulders which one hand managed with difficulty, the other just would not bend at the elbow due to the spasm it was in at the time. i offered him the reports i took, he refused to look at them. he tested my lung function by a spiromitery test, it read around 1 when for my age it should be just over 3, he turned my chair around so i could see an eye test chart and asked me to read the middle row then said "i doubt you will be able to get on the examination bed with those spasms will you" bearing in mind i was 5 point harnessed into my wheelchair to keep me upright and my arms were not co-operating as they were still spasming i looked at him and said "no chance"
he then went outside and got the receptionist to remove me from his room.

Two weeks later I got a letter stating I was being moved into the 'looking for work' category of ESA and that i have to attend a meeting with a person who will support me back into employment! if i do not attend my benefits will stop.

I am now in the process of appealing the decision.

i will update with any results as they come in
yellowted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote