Maidan Chick

Member Since Mar 2010
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 07, 2011 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickienc16 View Post
so... i do not take med's for my disorder. some people wory that i should. i have a very good reasion not to. but that is mainly an opinion. my doctors sugest i do, but cant rly make me... should i listen to everyone else? or should i continue to try and work things through with out meds?

May I know what are your reasons?

I am also doing it without meds... because I just don't want to spend years and years discovering the right combo - I am afraid I might lose the real me under all those chemicals. Or that it may shatter the fragile balance I created, my inner peace and sense of serenity...

I guess it depends. If you are doing well (I would judge it on level of functionality... I do get real rough patches, but I manage to get through. Not that it did not bother me, but I see that people on meds still get episodes... so I am not sure I am willing to take chances.... I am used to feeling the way I do, and I learned to deal with it), I guess it is alright to continue the way you do. It is nice to have some support system (although it may be hard to find).

It is your choice. I don't think meds are something one should just try as some of the side effects can be long term... depends how you feel and if you think it is worth taking chances. We never know how it may go if we tried the other way...

be well.

HATEFREE CULTURE

venusss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Unrigged64072835