View Single Post
gashly

Member Since Oct 2011
Trig Nov 07, 2011 at 03:10 PM

Just from watching the posts on this commnity, it seems to me that a large number of people here seem stuck, there seems to be a flood of strugging voices and not enough to stem the flow. Not much in the way of positive reinforcement, or useful advice, or sometimes even people answering so someone is "heard".

For example in the Coping with Emotions Forum the sticky does not provide any useful tips on coping with emotions, it just says it's a place to share your emotions. Most of the posts seem to be about venting, but not coping or gaining or building coping skills. It would be useful to at least have something to hold your over until you can find a therapist or something.

It seems that a lot of the chats in the calendar are inactive, or don't seem to happen. I am also alienated (and not the only one to experience this) by the demographic seeming mostly college age. I can't relate to that. It would be nice if there was a place for people in their 30s/40s and up to talk.

The resources section is frightenly out of date. Anything over a year old runs the risk of not being available, a lot of that seems to come from the early 2000s. Going through it is an exercise in frustration and futility for someone already maxed out.

I've only spent a short time here, while this seems a little more controlled than other places I feel it's not useful to me, hopefully I can find a place of support elsehwere.
gashly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Ygrec23