View Single Post
jbug
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2002
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2011 at 06:19 AM

As most of you know my Grandma is getting up there in years if I remember right she is 88 but I could be wrong on her age by a few years.

Anyway I am concerned about her. She has a hard time following a conversation, remembering things and I don't think she is eating healthy. Her eating has been sporadic for awhile. I tell her she needs to eat better and she laughs me off. Anyway in the last few months I have noticed the other things are more pronounced.

I need to talk to my Dad about it (he is her oldest) but can't figure out the right time. We have been spending a lot of time together lately in his workshop and going for walks on the weekend. We did 2 miles a few weeks ago. In his workshop right now I have a little project for my etsy store and also I am refurbishing my childhood dollhouse to give to my cousin's little girls for Christmas. My Grandpa made this dollhouse and made one for all 3 of us girls but I'm the only one that hung onto mine. So I thought it would be neat to pass it on down to them since it is painfully obvious that I am not going to have my own kids. Anyway back to my other problem. We do a lot of talking on our walks and in his workshop it is like when we are busy doing something else the words are able to just flow. There are 2 topics I just can't bring myself to talk about and this is one of them.

So any advice would be appreciated.

Jan