View Single Post
faerie_moon_x
Elder

Member Since Nov 2011
3,670 hugs
given
Default Nov 22, 2011 at 01:50 PM

I don't know much about this really, but I know that I'm not the "typical" schizoid according to when I was diagnosed. I can't remember the name and my pdoc said it was "mild." Whatever that means.

In my experience with myself I do engage people and I do get the need to engage in socializing. However, I am very quickly and easily aggitated by it for the smallest things. I have one somewhat close friend and my husband and when I do make new 'friends' it usually comes to the point where I just drop them once I feel this aggitation. And then I get depressed because I have no friends. I've lived with this cycle for a long, long time.

Also I don't really like socializing in person that much. I would much rather e-mail than phone, for example (which is really hard because I am a secretary and I hate talking on the phone.) Or I would much rather talk on a forum than face to face. Or if I'm playing an online game, I get frustrated if I have to work in a group unless the people have taken time to be friendly toward me.

I just don't feel comfortable with people in general. I do tend to laugh nervously when talking to people even if I know them, because I just feel uncomfortable. I'm also constantly gauging people I'm talking to. Like, if they don't look at me while I talk I get really uncomfortable and just want to stop. (But thanks to being bipolar I have pressured speach is one of my main mania symptoms, so sometimes I just talk and can't shut up even if I want to.)

Okay, well, that's what I've noticed in me. Not sure if that helps.

faerie_moon_x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote