View Single Post
Anonymous32723

Default Dec 09, 2011 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
I think it would be hard to "police" and could cause hard feelings; I don't know that anyone does this all the time (posts multiple posts in one forum in one day) and when it comes down to my needs (finding and reading new, interesting-to-me posts from anyone/everyone) and someone else's need to post, there's a "New Posts" button for my needs but not a good way for someone feeling the need to post so much to express themselves.

I would rather curb my annoyance at seeing a lot of posts than have someone's inarticulate call for "help"/attention blocked; I may not want to read/respond to their posts but obviously they have a need of some kind there that I would like them to get met? I feel it trumps my need not to be unduly annoyed?
I have no desire whatsoever to prevent somebody from asking for help. But creating several threads in one section in one day is too much, especially if the topic isn't even established. Plus, that pushes everyone else's threads to the back pages and they don't get the support they need.

If someone wants to post a lot during the day, fine. But creating a ridiculous amount of threads is unnecessary. As others above mentioned, maybe creating a thread and posting multiple times in that one thread could be a good option? This way, they get to vent their feelings out, and other people's threads can be viewed as well.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
arcangel, missbelle