View Single Post
venusss
Maidan Chick

Member Since Mar 2010
14 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2011 at 02:19 AM

Well, everybody can try. There is a wide spectrum from perfect to lost cause and yes, you can do things for yourself.

People often come up with cute examples as "would you ask person with broken leg/heart issue/whatnot to run marathon?". No, of course, but I would not have any sympathy if they checked out of life. As much as life is hard and many things aren't in our control, some are. You don't have to be perfect, but you don't have to be a burden either.

One thing that bothers me about people with emotional issues is their idolization/demonization of normals. They are supposed to know how we feel, know when to say the right that (and check any of that "what not to say to depressed person lists". Apparently you need to make a research before talking to depressed person.....). They are supposed to love unconditionally. While we are "sick" and it's not "our fault".

Even seemigly normal people have issues. Once I was friends with some person online. She became draining and demanding. At one point she pulled that "I am bipolar card, I cannot control myself". That was when I finally admit, well, that I am too, there just never was time to talk about it, as it was "me me me" all the time. We stayed in contact for a bit though, before kinda drifting apart naturally.

I am willing to go great lenghts for people, but I need to see effort on their site too.

Or shall we all waste our energy and money and time and resources one those who are lost causes and let those who try hard to struggle on their own, because they are doing better?

HATEFREE CULTURE

venusss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote