View Single Post
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
66.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Even tho I grew up with running water in America, my parents in Italy did not, and my father was responsible for my care. He used to say that his mother bathed him 3 times, for his christening, for his first communion, and for his wedding (when he was 31?!). So once a week was MORE than enough in his book. I had a major fight with him in 7th grade to be allowed to take a 2nd bath per week and wash my greasy hair. He was concerned my skin would dry out. I was always crowded out of the facilities by my mother and older brother, their needs came first, always. So when I got fired, boy the first thing that happened was I stopped showering. No place to go, no reason to be clean, no one cares about me. Unless i'm seeing T, and even then it's iffy. It's like I AM back to my dark childhood days. I have to construct a whole new different life where I am reasonably cared for, by myself and others.

While I have been de-hoarding the apartment, I have been reporting to T that I start every morning "lifting heavy things" - it's kinda good to break a sweat first thing in the morning. Matthew McConaughey says that's how he stays fit, break a sweat every day. Now to start washing it off!

Thanks for this!
anneo59