roads

Member Since Aug 2011
1,620 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2011 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My kids are cool View Post
I wrote this huge long post in the abuse forum wondering if what my mom did was even really abuse, but the computer ate it. Now it seems like that means I should not be posting about this gross stuff anyway and totally second guessing whether I should have said anything to anyone ever about this stuff. UGH.
I've had so many things that I've written over the years "retracted" by computers that if I took it personally, as a sign of what I should & shouldn't write, I'd be second-guessing at least 20% of my life. Since I occasionally write professionally, I'd be even poorer than I am now!

The things that can cause a computer glitch--and lost data--are so numerous that tracking down a single cause usually isn't worth the time: It won't happen quite the same way again. I guess if you believe in your heart that your life's direction is guided somehow by your computer, I can't/shouldn't change your mind. It saddens me greatly, though, that you have come to doubt your own memories of being abused because of a computer misfire. And to regret telling you therapist ...

I so hope you will reconsider. Computers are tools, that's all.