Thread: False Memories?
View Single Post
Anonymous37917

Default Dec 20, 2011 at 03:52 PM

Luce, my T is also very cautious about mistaken memories, and he's very careful about not "searching" for memories. We work more on my feeling safe and grounded so that if I remember something, I'm not overwhelmed. He doesn't suggest things to me, as a general rule. Sometimes, it's almost weird the way he doesn't comment. Like, I have a really clear memory of what it feels like to have a gun pressed against my head, but no idea why I KNOW what that feels like. There's only blackness associated with the feeling and the idea of a lot of screaming. My T had no comment at all when I was talking about that.

It wasn't until I was talking to my sister and told her about the feeling and the blackness that it made sense, because she said, "that's because when you're really little and someone presses a gun to your head, you squeeze your eyes shut. So all you can see is the black." I asked her if someone did that to us when we were really little and she just said, "probably." She remembered my mom "accidentally" shooting through the wall and almost hitting my sister and me while we napping on the bed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote