View Single Post
dusty9838

Member Since Nov 2011
2 hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2isbetterthan1 View Post
I have only had relationships that were roller coasters and always end terribly. I know a big part is my mood swings and how easily I can slip in and out of them.....but I have been really trying to change that from now on. I have been single for8 months. It's enjoyable at times, but as a single mother of a 22 month old....I am really ready to have a family....or even witness possible potential in anyone.....Now that I feel I am emotionally stable to have a relationship.....there are seriously no men who want to settle. They are all bachelores it seems..... I don't even know what kind of men to be attracted to anymore b/c I have literally dated every kind! I'm almost scared now that I have some radar that screams to men "Stay away!" .....I'm just losing hope and I suppose now that the Holidays are here I'm really thinking about it. I don't want to keep being alone with my baby on New Year's Eve......Any inspiration people? :-/
I figured I'd respond to your post and give you a mans point of view so I hope this helps somewhat.

If you have had problems with previous men in your relationships it's probably because you were with the wrong guys to start with. If a guy can't handle your 'roller coaster' emotions then he just isn't the best match for you. It isn't that you have a "stay away" radar on but for MOST guys that have no children they are usually wary of getting into a relationship with a woman that has a child already usually because they are scared. I think you should date a guy and get to know him and take it slow and let him get to know you, then once you feel confident with him you should introduce your baby to him and again take it slow and make sure you find the right person.

The last thing you want to do is rush everything just to "have" some guy that isn't the best match for you and your baby and end up regretting it years into the future.

I hope everything works out for you, take care.

Thanks for this!
2isbetterthan1