View Single Post
Unrigged64072835
Legendary

Member Since Oct 2010
11.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 23, 2011 at 03:32 PM

I was a single mom for 13+ years. It wasn't easy but it's been very rewarding.

I dated a LOT of men during that time. And yeah, it was hard because I wanted to settle down as well. I eventually gave that up and focused on taking care of myself and being the best parent for my kid. I started dating men again just so we can go out and do things together, things we had in common. And that is how I met my current husband. Didn't expect it but I'm glad things worked out the way they did. We had more in common than I had with most men, and it made his transition into being a stepdad easier since we're on the same page most of the time. It did take getting to know him, though-- we dated for over a year before he proposed.

Your experience may vary, of course. But for me, I got involved in single parent groups and also into groups that I had common interests with--not to look for anyone but to enjoy doing things both with and without my kid. It helps to know parents in the same situation as you as well. I don't know what's near you but you can look into organizations like Parents Without Partners to see what is close by. Also look into Meetup for single parent groups and groups with interests you may enjoy. Again, you may not meet your future mate but you won't be alone and you might have some fun.

Don't know if this will help but I do hope that you have a wonderful experience with your child. Good luck!

Last edited by Unrigged64072835; Dec 23, 2011 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Cuz I am such a perfectionist
Unrigged64072835 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote