View Single Post
PurpleFlyingMonkeys
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2009
152 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2011 at 07:28 AM

Thanks for the replies and advice, after going to the sites and trying to dig things up I think I may have found one that could be somewhat affordable. She says she does the sliding scale but it also says on price 40-120 per session. Shes specialized in PTSD and schizophrenia for 18 years. I was dx'd with PTSD and Schizophrenia but I don't believe the PTSD much but think she could be of some help with the DID and grounding skills and such. I just can't afford even $40 a session if I have to see her on a weekly basis. I know it's not much but for me it really is. But even if I can only get in for once a month it would be better than nothing. But then I have to work on finding a cheap pdoc as well for the anxiety meds and I'm trying to talk myself into possibly accepting the fact that I need meds for my hallucinations. I really don't want to but I'm noticing more and more what's real and what's not and realizing I hallucinate a lot more than I originally thought. But I hate meds and the last time I was on meds for my schizophrenia it made things much worse. I don't know what to do since antidepressants and antipsychotics make me dissociate to the extreme but at the same time those I believe are what they used to control the hallucinations... So what to do? A pdoc seems like they would be the only one who would know since I don't think t's write prescriptions... But maybe some do...

I did also look up our mental health center and found a number to call for help with this sort of thing. The person knows all the loop holes and low cost doctors and such so I will try and give them a call, I just don't know when since I don't have a phone and work at the front desk, it's kind of a personal phone call I don't want all my coworkers hearing. But I'll find a way. This new t I just found has her office right next to my work so I could walk there after work for the appointments (I don't have a license, they suspended it after a seizure in August... Things didn't go my way for a year or two...) Hopefully something will work and things will start to fall into place... But I really don't want any meds other than anxiety meds...

But I have always had insomnia as well and they always want to put me on sleeping meds. I hate sleeping meds... I don't even take tylenol pm. But doctors know best right?