bluemountains
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2011
342 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2011 at 07:38 PM

Hi Agma,

Actually you are not a fraud, you are a special person who has the gift of helping children grow. I think teaching is a wonderful job, and as a teacher I will tell you that I learn as much from the kids each day as they do from me. If you are a fraud, then I am, too. I have been teaching for 20 years, and I have never shared my mental illness with my students, parents, or administrators. I try to keep my meds updated, and attend therapy, so there is no need to share. It would not be productive in the growth of my students, actually it may harm them in that they would have to process my needs.
I do not hide my mental illness from everyone. The members of my church family as well as close friends are aware of my occasional struggles with bp. I try to use my story as a way to help others with their struggles. Last year a leader in our church, and close friend, committed sui., and since then I have worked as hard as I can to expose my ups and downs for others to see that sad times don't have to be destructive.
Sorry, I told too much of my story, but I want you to know that I am so happy that you are willing to invest yourself in this mother and child!

Hugs!!!
Bluemountains
bluemountains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
depressedalaskan