View Single Post
AniManiac
Grand Member

Member Since Oct 2011
72 hugs
given
Default Dec 29, 2011 at 09:02 AM

So you've actually got several antidepressants on your meds list, which suggests they're not doing the trick particularly well.

If your pdoc agrees to it, trying Wellbutrin (or Effexor) could be worthwhile because they are different classes of ADs. SSRI's are bad for me but Wellbutrin has been a godsend. It is also used to treat ADHD so if you have concentration issues, it might be a two-for-one med for you. Even though Wellbutrin sometimes makes anxiety worse, some of that can be dosage-related.

I take Adderall along with Wellbutrin because my symptoms are severe enough to require it. I also had a computer-based ADD/ADHD test that verified the (multiple) clinical interviews had been accurate on dx'ing ADHD. Depending where you are in NY, that might be an option worth considering. If you end up on stimulants for ADHD, you will know right away whether they work. I've also heard more than one doctor say that the best way to tell if someone has ADHD is to give them the meds and see what happens - if they get wired, it wasn't needed; if they settle down, it was needed. People who have ADHD don't get a buzz or high off the meds (unless perhaps the dosage is wrong, but that's why they start you at a minimum dose.)
AniManiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote