View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,554 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Dec 31, 2011 at 01:17 PM

I get a LOT of calls like this!!! I never answer the phone unless I want to talk to the caller. Caller ID is one method for recognition, and if I'm not sure, I wait for the machine.

I once got calls from some "Unknown Caller" (no phone number shown) 3-4 times a day for about 3 weeks. Never any message, until one day what sounded like a live person said I "won a contest." I never entered anything, so that has scam written all over it! There shouldn't be any such thing as "Unknown Caller", but they always find a way around things, don't they?

They want on to say it's in "my best interests" to call them back. No, it's in THEIR best interests.

I get so many 800 number calls, and they can't be blocked. I started getting hang up calls from someone with TWO phone numbers displayed. Never seen that before. I added this number to my block list (the number that showed where the number is supposed to be. The other number showed where TEXT is usually displayed). Also once got calls from some number whose ID merely said "California." Yeah, THAT narrows it down. Blocked them too.

My theory is that if something is important enough, or it's a legitimate company with legitimate business with you, they leave a MESSAGE. Not call all the time & hang up.

I don't know how scams fit into the Do Not Call criteria. I know that charities, political campaigns, and companies in which you have a relationship are exempt. I think surveys and researchers are also exempt since they are not selling anything. Scammers are also good at hiding where they are calling from or who they are. And BTW, for anyone who didn't know, Caller ID can be "spoofed" just like e-mail sender addresses. So be careful, everyone.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote