Thread: some links
View Single Post
shadowalker164

Member Since Jan 2005
Default May 02, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Down…

Like I said before on the skull art, no biggie.

Did you check out that guy in Australia? He and I have had long conversations on this business of alcoholism. We don’t agree on all points, but I admire his work never the less.

He actually may be on to something with his idea that we alcoholics suffer from hypoglycemia, and that the sugar boost we get from booze is a major part of the craving. I don’t know, but I, like you am a fan of the scientific method. If it is linked, it can be quantified as so.

I know you and I don’t agree on what path to recovery holds the most promise. That’s OK. We are both doing something. It seems most drunks just drink. Good for you, good for me.

What we do agree on is kids. They get the short end of the stick every time. We have all seen or heard of stories where a poor child suffering in an alcoholic home is left there to fend for themselves. Parents who drink too much may love their children, but that love never stopped them from building a home that harbors anger, resentment, selfishness, broken furniture and hearts.

I don’t know what the solution to this tragedy is. For me, a spiritual experience replaced all that crap in my home. It is no longer a scary place for my children to live. And I am very grateful for that gift.

This notion of spirituality is the place my friend in Australia and myself part ways. He, as a scientist, will not avail himself of this dimension of existence. Intellectual pride is a pair of blinders we need not wear.
Science and spirituality are just two ways a blind man may describe an elephant he can not see with his eyes.

At any rate, take care of yourself my friend.
Richard
shadowalker164 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote