View Single Post
Silent_tsol
Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2011
335 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Jan 04, 2012 at 07:56 PM

I have a new T and one of our sessions has me thinking lately. I believe I had dermatillomania, mostly I pick my fingers, nails, lower legs and bottom of my feet. One of the sessions I showed her my fingers, they were particularly bad. She asked me why I showed her and I wasn't sure. Thinking back I think it was a test to see if I could scare her away. As in, I can't trust you/open up because you reacted wrong to my fingers. She didn't react wrong though.

At one point during our talking about it, she asked me if they hurt. I reacted with my perfected response "nope, it's like I've killed off all my nerves" and then I chuckle and changed topics. I think she picked up on me feeling uncomfortable because she let me change topics.

Now here's my issue -I lied, and I don't think that's very beneficial to the process. It does hurt. Sometimes when my feet get bad it hurts to walk (unless I wear really soft fluffy slippers or walk weird which hurts my ankles). Sometimes my fingers hurt and I have trouble typing especially on my phone. But I couldn't admit to her that I would intentionally do something that hurt me. So when I got to that thinking I started wondering, would it be classified as si? I usually only pick with my fingers, or teeth but if it's not accomplishing it I will get nail clippers. And I do go into a trance that I believe is common for the dermatillomania.

And the part that I have the hardest time admitting to, and makes me worry about my reasons behind it is that it's not a bad hurt. It's something I accept. It's like a dull stabbing pain but it isn't a bad feeling?

I guess I'm just confused and lost.
Silent_tsol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote