View Single Post
Courier-Of-Life

Member Since Jan 2012
Default Jan 11, 2012 at 02:47 AM

I thank you all for your concern and support.

As it where, my father came back home around 5:15 and thus began one of the most stressful and frightening times of my life. I was speaking to one of my closest friends (Lives in Minnesota, not much help, save for emotional support, which she accomplishes with admirable gusto.) She had to get off the phone earlier, told me she would call me back and she did. Around the time my father got home.

Now, let me be perfectly clear, I do not think he knew I was home. I turned off all lights in my room (We live in a mobile home, to clear things up a bit) and all electronic devices, save for my iPod which I was using for support. I waited around an hour or two for him to go into his room, close the door, and for the heater to come on, to give me proper sound cover. Once all of these situations fell into place, I began my escape. I grabbed all of the things I needed for school, and the house phone (My father took my cell a long time ago) and went to the backyard, where I could not be overheard. When back there, I contacted my friend who was beyond worried for my well being, and eventually my director ( I am very active in the theatre company at my school) The director was able to give me the number of another close friend (all my numbers are saved in my cell, go figure.) And at his house is where I am staying now. I suspect that I will be no longer staying at my home.

Allow me to be very clear, I love my father. I really do. I want him to get some kind of help, considering he is a very sick man (Both mentally and physically) There are three things I am worried for right now.

1. I had talked to the principal at school and he more or less told me that there was nothing they could do for me. I take this with a grain of salt, however, considering he is notorious for being clueless.

2. If my father does go to rehab, and I go to a foster home, what happens to his possessions? He spent his life accumulating these things, so what happens to them?

3. How this will affect my mental and emotional state. I think this one speaks for itself, really.

If you could continue to advise me, mayhaps put my mind at ease, I would be most grateful.

Thanks~
Samuel Cross-Meredith
Courier-Of-Life is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote