View Single Post
kimmydawn
Legendary

Member Since Oct 2004
23 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2006 at 01:31 PM

I would like to remind members that we have a wonderful tool here called the "ignore function". It's a wonderful, clever gift given to us to make the most of our online experience here at PC. If we ignore a member that's upsetting to us in any way, we will not see their posting or receive PM's from them. When going into chat, the same applies. In a self-help community, it can be a great tool for self-care. If there's an ongoing issue, it usually helps to put out the fire.

Let's remember that if someone triggers us, etc., or we just just flat out don't like them, it's our right and responsibility to do what we need to in order to get what we want and need here.

Every trigger can't be predicted (i.e. a huge trigger of mine was mustard...go figure). We can't assume that other members are going to agree with every post that we make. Some will disagree. We may feel that other members just don't like us, or we know that we just don't like them.

If we have issue with another member, and that member is posting/PM'ing/chatting within the guidelines but we still feel that we're taking it personally (even with cause), the wonderful tool of ignore sometimes is all we need to have a great day!

Thanks,

KD