summeryoga
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2011
87 hugs
given
Default Jan 16, 2012 at 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubblemonkey View Post

when things are bad I am so catastrophically miserable to the point of breakdown and beyond...that I am convinced this is the way things are now forever!
But, J ... You are aware of this habit of your mind ... which means you are thinking about your feelings. And your higher, wiser self is aware that thinking this way is not based on reality, is not the way life goes. So, then, thinking this way - all black, all white - is a habit. And you, J, have broken habits before, harder ones to break, so I bet you could start training your mind to think a little differently here, too ... that life is neither all-black nor al-white, that its is in between, that it all comes as waves, up and down over and over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubblemonkey View Post
I don't have the ability to 'think' about my feelings....
I just 'feel' my feelings
and in between I don't have a clue?

But you're thinking about them right now ... so this statement just sin't true. You do have the ability to think about your feelings, J. You were indeed doing just that as you typed this ...

Present moment, J, present moment. Tune in to the simplest sensations in that body, take one breath and watch it. One moment at a time ... that's all life ever really is anyway, right? Neither good nor bad, just this.

If I could have hugged you today, I would have.
summeryoga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32912

Thanks for this!
B1_NRecovery