Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
jaguar2012

Member Since Jan 2012
7 hugs
given
Default Jan 17, 2012 at 06:06 PM

Thank you so much and I agree.We are definitely dealing with two different aspects of PTSD.I will say this however, since meeting him I feel a lot more calm.He also makes me feel safe and happy.I only hope that I can return this favor to him.I will continue to be patient and understanding because I know that I would want the same in return.I am not seeing a therapist at the moment.The last one I was seeing made some comments that were inappropriate when I met this man a little over a month ago.I had only had 2 sessions with her and a lot of what she did was give me paperwork to read instead of really helping me and talking things through.She also said in the last session when I asked her for advice on my situation was that I shouldn't have met him in person.I should've talked to him on the phone for 3-6 months before seeing him.She continued to say that's what she does.I felt this was inappropriate of her to say.Especially when she threw in my face that the reason I was raped is because I am too trusting.Needless to say the session didn't even last 10 minutes and I got no advice from her.I need to look into seeing someone else, but i'm in the process of switching health insurance so hopefully I can get that taken care of sooner rather than later.I really want to do things right with this man.I don't feel rushed or eager.I'm so content with the pace.I enjoy our time together and the friendship we are building.I know both uf us are guarded and have trust issues, but I think we can help eachother.I know he's helped me.
Hearing different perspectives is so helpful.It's not about knowing the answers so no worries.You were great.Thank you again.
jaguar2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote