View Single Post
Woundedheart1

Member Since Jan 2012
Smile Jan 18, 2012 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaG View Post
I have blue cross ins. Through my ex (were still legally married) but that obviously is not going to last forever and when we get divorced I lose my insurance.

Does anyone know what the effects are of having a pre-existing condition (bipolar/major depression) on my 'record'. Later on will I be able to purchase a private plan? I also read yesterday that I would not be able to get a life ins. Policy? Is there other ways this affects certain aspects of ones life?

I'm concerned now what I can & cannot get due to my diagnosis...

First of all have no fear, you can still qualify for a life insurance policy with those diagnosis, the insurance comopany may want to know how long youve beeen diagnosed and how well youve managed under these condition, even people who have tried to commit suiicide still qualify it just depends on time past and current state of mind. you may just be paying an "prefered premium" or "prefered plus" rates. The insurance co is not going to dig turough your mental health file to find a reason to deny you. You may not pay what you had when you were married but you are still ellidgable!!!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.". - Chinese Saying

:idea2
Woundedheart1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
vanessaG