Thread: Medicaid?
View Single Post
jnt1989

Member Since Nov 2011
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Hi, I'm 22 years old, work part-time and still live at home. Before I started the job I have now, I had insurance, but it wouldn't pay for any mental health stuff (they didn't really even pay for most of the physical health stuff they were supposed to). I finally dropped that insurance after I got so frustrated with paying for it when they wouldn't cover anything.
I could have signed up for insurance with my work in August, but I didn't have time to go over all the info before they did open enrollment.
I really don't know anything about insurance or anything. My T suggested that I try to get on medicaid. I've already tried once before, but I guess they turned me down cuz I don't think I ever heard back from the lady at the family services office. With all the medical bills I have right now, it's getting really hard to be able to pay for therapy. And I really should go see a psych too, but again, I can't afford it. I mean, I'm pretty sure they will let you make payments where I would prefer to go, but I really don't wanna add to my bills.
Would medicaid be something to look into again? And is there someway I can do it online instead of going back to family services again?
jnt1989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote