View Single Post
Queen.A

Member Since Jan 2012
20 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2012 at 07:45 PM

Here's how I ended up here...
I got married to my husband 2 years ago, and felt like the luckiest woman in the world.
He is a wonderful man and I love him so! When we met, he tells me about hearing voices and feeling a though someone else is inside of him. I really didn't give him a chance to talk much. I laughed and waved it off. He also tells me horrid tales about his parents (who live in the same city as us and are really sweet to us). He complains about co workers hating him and our neighbors conniving to harm us. I thought it was absurd!
He quit his job about 6 months ago and has been fighting everyone, accusing people of things they know nothing about. He slept at the police station overnight once. Due to his behavior, we argue all the time. Lately, he falsely accuses me of having an affair with all our neighbors (who he doesn't get along with). His parents have both asked me if I think he is okay. He feels people are out to get him/harm him all the time.
After talking to his mum-my mother inlaw, she mentioned he has gone through several mental tests in the U.K and was diagnosed with psychosis. He denies this and gets very aggressive when I talk about seeing a doctor. I'm at my loose ends with what to do as I am starting to fall into acute depression too. He smokes and won't give it up. My family spoke to him about his behavior a few months ago and he promised to change. Now he curses at them all the time. I need help. How can I get him to see a doctor? He is getting progressively worse!
Also, how can I get him to trust me again? I'm hoping someone who's been there can answer my last question and if possible tell me what it's like, so I can better manage living with him. I love him and not want to leave, but his constant embarrassments, lies, and abusing me to neighbors is starting to kill me.
Queen.A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote