View Single Post
jazzy123456
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2010
43 hugs
given
Default Feb 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I can definitley relate... with my trauma, right after it I starved myself.... i've also done SI.

i know recently i had an experience where I was getting revelations about my relationship with my body- and how I connect some of my trauma to the fact that my body is bad and I do not like it. I'm thin though... but, that doesn't change how trauma makes people feel about their bodies...regardless the size of our bodies, it effects us all...

how have i overcomed it?

well, i dont starve myself anymore.

i try to eat right

and mainly, Yoga is teaching me what it means to have a positive/ healthy relationship with my body...

even when people are saying certain stuff in Yoga I frequently affirm the positive qualities about who I am in my head. and i talk about my body- in the opposite way of someone who might have experienced trauma would.

i say it's good. it's healthy and strong. i say whatever i want and often times I stretch however I want (simply becus of my back pain) I don't make Yoga what everyone else is doing and try to be like anyone else. I don't repeat everything the instructor says. I do whats best for me. I say (in my head)- what's best for me. Yoga, is part meditation so it's helping me establish a healthier image of my body.

i still hate looking in mirrors though. don't know why. really haven't explored it. cus I don't think I'm ugly at all. I think I'm average looking... and on those 'special' days out with the friends I'd say I'm pretti darn cute....

still, don't like mirrors tho!

i can relate,

your not alone

Jazzy

so sing. Jazz, sing. --jazzy123456
----------------------------
"You're not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." (Woodrow Wilson)
jazzy123456 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FourRedheads

Thanks for this!
FourRedheads, notablackbarbie, shezbut