View Single Post
Anonymous100300

Default Feb 14, 2012 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
I don't see the "I'm not comfortable" comment in a negative light. He's using an "I" statement, which is the hallmark of good communication. He's not putting it on you, "you shouldn't terminate because you are not ready" or something like that. He's respecting your right to terminate. He's just telling you how he feels. Good for him. He's not asking you to give a s**t or feel sorry for him or make what he said your problem. Just being respectful and using good communication skills. You seem very sensitive about his use of the "I" statement, and that probably says something about your therapy relationship. I agree with nightsky's comment that maybe this is a marker of your not feeling that therapy has been just about you. Sounds like something bigger at work here. I think this point is worth working out with your T. Also, you mentioned you were picking up on guilty feelings in your T's message. I didn't detect that. I think you're on to something when you wrote your feeling there is harkening back to your childhood experiences. I don't know--it sounds like there is still much to do with this T that would be useful.
I sent another email explaining my whole feeling maze analogy and the reflective mirror feelings to which he replied (see other thread) but it sounds like it is done.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote