View Single Post
sadsuz

Member Since Feb 2012
Default Feb 20, 2012 at 01:21 AM

Hi Everyone, New here too. I haven't actually been diagnosed (yet). I have lived and managed many years functioning pretty well, but can no longer do it. I am 44 years old, have a husband and seven children, and have always known there was something "wrong" with me, but I (and everyone around me) have just dealt with it. I was watching a Dr. Phil show during the summer and he touched on some symptoms of BPD, and my jaw dropped. That was ME. After doing some investigating myself on the web for a couple of months, reading articles, taking tests, I am positive I have this disorder. It is SO hard for me to admit this to anyone. But I HAVE to. It is time I get the help that I need, and it is WAY past time that I stop putting my husband, children, and friends though the horrible roller coaster that comes along with loving or living with me. I called the number today on this psych helpline thing with my husband's insurance, and talked to a nice girl who has given me a referral in my area. Since tomorrow is a holiday, he is probably not in. I hope he can see me soon though, because I don't know if I can live in my own skin more than a couple of more days without talking to someone. I am glad this forum is here, and will probably come to read posts, and see if I can attend the chats.
Anyway, thanks for reading, hope being here can help me through this.
sadsuz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote