View Single Post
sconnie892
Hesitantly Ready Woman

Member Since Feb 2012
1,562 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2012 at 09:59 PM

My insurance doesn't cover T, but thankfully my T offers a reduced rate. It's still a stretch for me financially and I've had to give up some things. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world though. Even when I am completely frustrated, I know it's where I need to be at this point in my life. It's an investment in myself and my future. And honestly there have been times I am glad I don't have insurance coverage. I am not limited to a certain number of visits and I was free to choose the T that fit me best - not who happened to be "in network."

What I like about T is that I don't feel guilty about then entire conversation focusing on me. Unlike a conversation with a friend where there is some expectation about sharing the time, my 50 minute session is focused on me because I am paying for it. I also don't feel bad telling her if I don't agree with something. After all I am paying for this.

I appreciate the extensive training my T has and don't feel bad about paying for her expertise. She's very good and has obviously invested a good amount of her time and money into becoming a good therapist. It' no different than my company paying me for my expertise.
sconnie892 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote