Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2012 at 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie B View Post
Why won't anyone take a psychological addiction to pot seriously? I had to talk Adcare Hospital into accepting me for their day program. NA won't take me seriously either. Help!
Because all your stoner friends INSIST that pot is 100% healthy and non-addicting and that it should be made legal so they can self-medicate. They have websites dedicated to proving that it isn't addictive and that no one has ever died from it. I call BS but that's just me.

NA is for hardcore drug addiction like cocaine and meth, so yes they won't take you seriously. They will look at you and think you're an idiot for thinking you have issues when the rest of the group have sold their souls and bodies for hardcore drugs. That's just the reality of it.

i would try to find a smoker cessation group for people who smoke cigarettes, because you are trying to stop smoking and you will be taken more seriously then trying to waltz into NA. It's just not the same category. You wouldn't go to NA for alcoholism or for cigarette smoking. Talk to your doctor about seeing if things like the patch or gum will work. I don't think it would, but there should be meds to help with smoke cessation that would apply to marijuana users.

My main concern is WHY you are addicted to marijuana. Do you have troubles at home or depression? Are you trying to self-medicate? I think your therapist sessions should focus on why you feel the need to use marijuana to begin with.

Just my two cents. Best of luck.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lizzie B

Thanks for this!
Lizzie B